Tuesday, August 14, 2012

raspberry forest

photograph by Ellie Warren

We inherited a raspberry patch with the house we're renting.  It's more like a forest; most of the canes are taller than I am and there are pathways between the bushes, that I cleared of weeds.  It's prolific, and I've never had fresh raspberries so readily available.  Whenever I'm out picking them, I think of my mom.  She passed away nearly 3 years ago; she absolutely loved fresh raspberries.  I can recall her expression as she popped them into her mouth one by one, her eyes closed and a serene smile on her lips.  For her, eating raspberries was heaven on earth.  I hope there are fresh raspberries in Heaven. 


simple joys: mothers, memories, and fresh raspberries


3 comments:

  1. I hope so, too! :) Love you, Mom. And I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, too, Ellie! And your blog's an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad was that way with peaches. Sometimes when I'm eating a ripe, juicy peach, I hope my dad can taste it with me.

    ReplyDelete