Tuesday, August 28, 2012

bloom


     Mary Engelbreit's art is so cheerful, with her colorful, fanciful flowers.  Whenever I hear "bloom where you're planted", I think of her designs.  It's true, we need to bloom wherever we are, and we don't always get to choose where that is.
     If we turn it around, though, we can come up with something like "plant yourself where you're going to bloom."   To a great extent, we can choose to surround ourselves with people, media, and other influences that encourage us and allow us to bloom, to grow, and to become our best self.
     I got a little geranium plant for Mother's Day this year and kept it in its pot, since I knew I'd be moving.  After the flower died, the plant didn't bloom again, despite my vigilant care.  When we moved into our new home, I planted the geranium in an outside pot.  I could almost see it perk up instantly.  It continues to thrive and now produces new flowers.

                               simple joy: an environment that helps us bloom



No comments:

Post a Comment